The key objectives of the ACNCG are to
- For the Altona Chemical Complex (comprising Dow Chemical, Enviropacific Services and Qenos Pty Ltd) and the community to participate together to encourage continuous environmental improvement and to regularly monitor environmental, health and safety performance (including individual company’s Environmental Improvement Plans) of the Altona Chemical Complex and to receive formal feedback;
- To receive information on what the Altona Chemical Complex proposes (including modernisation environmental performance and improvement plans);
- To receive regulatory authority information in relation to the Altona Complex;
- To consider environmentally aesthetic improvements to the area surrounding the Altona Complex;
- To improve regulation standards and control of the Altona Chemical Complex and the chemical industry in general.
Read the complete ACNCG Charter here